Skin needling with Dermapen™ is a simple and fast way to treat wrinkles and scars
Are you embarrassed by scarring, spot baldness, or pigmentation issues? Do you refuse to leave your house without make-up? Or always wear clothes that will cover your problem area, even when it’s hot outside? Do you feel like your skin condition is running your life?
Microneedling might be right for you if you need to treat your skin for:
- Aged and sagging skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Vertical lip lines
- Skin tightening and rejuvenation
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars, surgical scars, and burns
- Hyperpigmentation / Hypopigmentation (including vitiligo)
Dermapen™ Makes All the Difference
Safer and More Effective than Old-Fashioned Rollers
At Medically Yours, we use Dermapen™, with Advanced Oscillating Vertical Needling (AOVN™) technology, which causes less trauma and skin damage than traditional skin needling rollers. Disposable needles eliminate the risk of cross-contamination. Adjustable needle depths allow for use in delicate and hard to reach areas around the eyes, lips, and nose.
More Beneficial than Most Microdermabrasion and Peels
Dermapen™ stimulates new collegen and statin production, and is chemical-free. The vertical needles promote healing with no scarring.
Results Similar to Factional Laser Treatments, but Without the Side Effects and Downtime
Microneedling treats stretch marks better than a laser and can be performed on all skin colors and types, including darker skin types. There is usually no downtime.
What to Expect During Microneedling
- Stacy Davidson, FNP-BC, will assess your skin and treatment goals to recommend the best treatment plan for you.
- Before the skin needling session, active treatment creams such, such as Vitamin A, C or Resveratrol or Niacin, will be prescribed to build up your skin’s strength.
- During the session, if your skin needs treatment over 0.5mm deep, a topical anesthetic cream will used to keep you comfortable during the microneedling procedure. Minimum needle depths are painless and don’t require this step.
- A topical serum is applied, such as hyaluronic acid (HA) peptide gel, Vitamin C, retinol, growth factors, or antioxidants, depending on your needs.
- The microneedling pen is moved across the skin, which creates thousands microchannels in the skin. This stimulates natural growth factor benefits for collagen production and allows up to 80% more of the topical serum to be delivered deep into the skin.
- You will be given a post-procedure kit to use throughout your series of treatments and for an additional 6 weeks.
Most people see results after the first microneedling session, but longer lasting, more significant results occur after 4 to 6 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart, depending on your condition.
You may experience some redness for 12 – 48 hours, but most people can return to their daily activities immediately. If you are returning to work immediately after your skin needling session, Oxygentix foundation and concealer can be used to safely seal your skin and cover any redness.
The number of sessions required will depend on your skin condition. Facial rejuvenation, for instance, may only require 4 – 6 treatments, 4 weeks apart. Acne scarring or stretch marks may require 4 – 8 treatments, 4 – 6 weeks apart. For some people, a maintenance treatment every 6 – 12 months is also a good idea.
Want Microneedling in Sedona?
Call Medically Yours at (928) 254-3676 to schedule an appointment with Stacy Davidson, FNP-BC, or simply use our online scheduler.