You may have heard about it in the news, especially since “blood facials” have become popular with A-list celebrities. So what’s all the excitement? Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is a way to use your own stem cells to grow new, younger skin–rejuvenating your face without surgery.
Will You Benefit from a PRP FaceLift?
You might if you:
- Have loss of shape, but not extra skin
- Want facial rejuvenation, but not cosmetic surgery
- Would like more radiant healthy-looking skin
- Would like improved skin tone and texture
If any of these sound familiar, an examination is your first step. Learn whether our Absolute Gold Facelift is your best option by scheduling a consultation appointment with Stacy Davidson, FNP-BC.
What happens during a PRP non-surgical faceLift?
Glad you asked. Our Absolute Gold Facelift is a three-step procedure that takes less than an hour:
- Using HA fillers such as Juvederm or Voluma, a younger, natural-looking face shape is created for you.
- About 2 teaspoons of your blood is drawn, and the platelet rich plasma (PRP) is isolated with a centrifuge, The platelets are then activated to release at least 8 growth factors your body normally uses to heal injured tissues.
- Numbing cream is applied to your face, and then a very small needle is used to inject your own growth factors back into your face.
The PRP consists of growth factors that act as stem cell messengers, stimulating the body’s tissues to develop new collagen, blood vessels, and fatty tissues–a technique that has been used for almost 20 years to accelerate the healing of wounds, burnt skin, and athletic injuries.
Over the next 2 to 3 months, the new tissue will:
- Lift your face back into a more youthful shape
- Improve your skin’s smoothness and texture
- Give your face a healthy glow.
Since your own blood is used, the risk of infection or reactions to the plasma are low. The effects will last 1 to 2 years.
PRP Therapy is available in Sedona at Medically Yours
To find out if Absolute Gold Facelift, or another facial rejuvenation procedure, is right for you, schedule an appointment with Stacy Davidson, FNP, today at our online scheduler or by calling (928) 254-3676.